Saturday, June 30, 2012

Zucchini Bread - Narup Family Recipe

As requested by my father and aunt... I decided while at store to pick up some zucchini to fulfill their wishes. This comes from a family recipe book called "The Spice of Life" by Terri L. Jurkanin (my 2nd cousin) The only alteration I made to recipe was instead of using cinnamon I used cardamom. And I split the oil by using butter. Smells so wonderful in my kitchen right now as the bread is baking and im blogging !!!!!

Pre-heat oven to 325

  1. 3 eggs
  2. 1C oil (I used 1/2c extra virgin olive oil and 1 stick real butter)
  3. 2C sugar
  4. 2C grated (raw) zucchini
  5. 2 tsp. vanilla
  6. 3C bread flour
  7. 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  8. 1 tsp. cinnamon (I used 1 tsp. cardamom)
  9. 1/2C chopped nuts <sigh>..... (omitted)....grrrrr
  10. 1 tsp. salt
  11. 1 tsp. baking powder
Cream first 5 ingredients, add flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nuts. Bake in 2 greased and floured loaf pans 50-60 mins.Enjoy!

I made several small loafs so I could pass them out to friends and family :)
 

MMMMMMM! Just had a slice :) yummy!

Ok... so maybe I ate the entire loaf. Its 12:30am no one is up so I wasnt obligated to share. :)

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment